A SLY take on the classic Milk Punch. Fresh and zesty with a tender sweet touch, this cunningly crafted cocktail is worth the effort. This recipe serves one but it works better scaled up.
35ml SLY DOG Spiced Rum
1 Whole Lime
20ml Almond Milk
1 Dash Vanilla Bitters
Scroll for method
1. Mix in one shaker the rum, the juice, husks of the lime and vanilla bitters
2. In a second shaker, pour the milk
3. Gradually add the contents of shaker 1, to shaker 2 (this should start the curdling process)
4. Leave to infuse for a minimum of 2hrs
5. Pass the curdled mix through a coffee filter lined funnel and into a bottle
NB: the initial few millilitres may be cloudy, but simply re-filter
7. To make the drink, decant 65ml of the clarified batch into a stirring vessel and 10-15ml of sugar syrup (sweetened to desired taste). Add cubed ice and stir well to dilute and chill. Gently strain over a clear block of ice, in a rocks glass and garnish with a lime zest and flower
Sweet, smooth and silky. We’ve refashioned the old fashioned with this SLY twist on the classic. It will bring out a SLY side that you will wish you’d met before.
Iced tea with a fresh and boozy twist
An Espresso Martini with a SLY twist. Think a classic on steroids with the Guinness syrup and SLY DOG Spiced Rum bite. Take a sip and see for yourself.