A SLY take on the classic Milk Punch. Fresh and zesty with a tender sweet touch, this cunningly crafted cocktail is worth the effort. This recipe serves one but it works better scaled up.
35ml Sly Dog Rum
1 Whole Lime
20ml Almond Milk
1 Dash Vanilla Bitters
Scroll for method
1. Mix in one shaker the rum, the juice, husks of the lime and vanilla bitters
2. In a second shaker, pour the milk
3. Gradually add the contents of shaker 1, to shaker 2 (this should start the curdling process)
4. Leave to infuse for a minimum of 2hrs
5. Pass the curdled mix through a coffee filter lined funnel and into a bottle
NB: the initial few millilitres may be cloudy, but simply re-filter
7. To make the drink, decant 65ml of the clarified batch into a stirring vessel and 10-15ml of sugar syrup (sweetened to desired taste). Add cubed ice and stir well to dilute and chill. Gently strain over a clear block of ice, in a rocks glass and garnish with a lime zest and flower
Simple, refreshing and ridiculouSLY delicious!
Crafted by DrinksandDan as the ultimate refreshing summer cocktail
The king of Tiki cocktails. This upgraded Mai-Tai has been given the SLY DOG treatment and is the ultimate summer cocktail. Super simple and deserves to be enjoyed in the sun.
Simple summer serve, refreshingly light and perfect for outdoor drinking